We have such high (and often unrealistic) hopes for ourselves when they’re freshly born, don’t we?
Just for fun, so we can all have a good hearty laugh together, these are the things I said I’d never do before I became a parent (in my infinite and knowing wisdom). Eye roll.
- feed them sugar
- let them ‘cry it out’
- kiss them on the mouth
- lose my patience (ya ummmm ok)
- give them screen time
- feel the urge to shake them (sorrrrryyy but if you’re a colic mama you’ll understand)
- cater to them by making a separate meal at dinner (or breakfast… or lunch…)
- let their nap schedule dictate my day
- use food or TV as a reward
- stress about taking them on a plane (ha. ha. HAAAAAAA)
- miss being in the workforce
- eat food my toddler has dropped on the floor
- eat food my toddler has dropped out of her own mouth
- talk about my kid’s poops in great detail with my spouse
- skip a workout because I was too tired
…are you rolling on the floor laughing? You should be; I certainly am.